24 August, 2011

Children's Book Week 2011

Now we're in the middle of Book Week and there are so many wonderful books to read!

Last Friday The Tall Man and the Twelve Babies written by my nephew, Tom, and his mother, Kilmeny and illustrated by me, was awarded a prize in the CBCA Awards for 2011.
All the books and award-winners can be found here.

Tom and I were thrilled to have received an award, and Kilmeny would have been as proud as Punch of her talented son.
Thank you to the publishers Allen & Unwin who believed in this funny story and were totally supportive.

I'd like to acknowledge the dedicated work from the members of the CBCA who have done a magnificent job in encouraging and extending the reading habits of children.  Also to our fantastic teachers/ librarians who promote reading and work tirelessly for good literacy standards.

Nicola from Swallowcliffe School in South Australia has sent me a photo of herself dressed up as a Book Week character.  She has chosen The Tall Man.  Doesn't she look fabulous!


Well done Nicola!  I'm sure the kids were delighted!

No comments: